Sunday, November 26, 2006

Dates Finalized for Parker

I've heard from Professor Parker and he's verified that the week of December 3rd is good for the group reading, so I will put it in our sidebar and send another note to C18-L. Please feel free to publicize this event wherever it is you publicize things! The conversation that comes out of this book should be useful to scholars at all levels and in most areas of interest in our era of English literary studies.

I also would like to remind the assembled that we still have twoone chapters ("Transitional Augustan Poetry" and "Johnson and Fideism") available for anyone who'd like to lead discussion on those days. If we don't have a volunteer, I will go enlist one of my colleagues, or, especially in the case of the Johnson chapter, I may just do it myself. Also remember that, as with the McKeon discussion, anyone should feel free to jump in with a post at any point in the conversation. The purpose of the schedule is merely to ensure we cover the whole book, not to stifle any other ideas that come to mind.

(Isn't it nice not to be doing this with the constraints of either print or a conference panel?)

Also, Bill Levine, if you're reading this, please send me an email at carrieshanafelt at gmail.com so I can add you to our roster of contributors. Done.