Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Parker is on board

Good news! I heard back from Blanford Parker about possible discussion of The Triumph of Augustan Poetics: English Literary Culture from Butler to Johnson. He writes:

I am moved that anyone might be interested in discussing my book. I would be glad to respond to the discussion in the ways you suggested once I get up to speed on blog and blogging. I always like a chance to clarify my (sometimes unintentionally cryptic) meaning and I have been altering my views slightly on satire and other matters.


I've asked Prof. Parker to give us some possible dates when he'll be available, and I'd like input from you on this as well. When might be a good time to do this? The Triumph is, mercifully, about 250 pages, and quite a good read. I'll be very interested to see how his views have changed between the initial publication in 1998 and the paperback release this summer.

Who wants to play this round?