Monday, October 09, 2006

Michael McKeon says Goodbye to the Long Eighteenth

[Here's Michael's final statement--DM]

Now that the "collective reading" of The Secret History of Domesticity is over I'd like to thank both participants and silent readers for their interest--of the former, especially Dave, Carrie S., and Laura, who've given me a great deal to ponder. It's a unique experience, at least for me--a running "review" that's really more like a virtual workshop held on the occasion of a recently published book.

I hope the discussion has generated interest in the book that will outlive the occasion. And I'd welcome and respond to (michael.mckeon@rutgers.edu) any thoughts that didn't get aired in the past few days. I'm new to blogging (and had some technical difficulties here, as Dave in his patience can testify), and I see what a remarkable difference it can make in helping subcultures like our own to cohere. Thanks again to everyone involved. Now go out and buy the paperback!

Michael