Friday, September 01, 2006

Final Call, Collective Readings

From the comments received so far, it seems that Michael McKeon's Secret History of Domesticity (Johns Hopkins, 2005) has edged out Ruth Perry's Novel Relations (Cambridge, 2004) for our first collective reading. However, if others have additional suggestions they'd like us to pursue, please let us know soon.

My suggestion is that we shoot for the first or second week in October to do this. I'll contact the publisher to see if I can get a review copy; I'll also see if McKeon is interested in replying to our discussion. I like the Valve's process of having one or two respondents prepare a brief post to kick things off, so I think the review copy could go to whoever wants to do one of the leadoff posts.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions about this. I'm looking forward to our discussions.

Best wishes,

DM